Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Good friends

We are definitely paying for that mild November we were given. Yesterday a little snow. Today brutally cold, and more snow on the way over the weekend.



From Crazy as a Loom


But in spite of the cold, today was a nice day. My good friend, Sheila, came to weave. Usually, she is busy with her job, but she is on vacation all this week, so she spent the day at the studio; she weaving scarves, and me weaving cotton shawls.
We chatted with our looms in front of the pellet stove, and we didn't mind the cold wind outside one bit. She brought homemade black bean soup, and homemade bread. Mmmmmm. Mmm. Mmm. Delish.
We talked about life, death, and everything in between.

From Crazy as a Loom


I am working on my New Year's Resolutions, thinking about what they will be, mulling them over. Today I realized that spending more time with good friends should be on the top of the list.

3 comments:

Tuesday Weavers said...

This "tween-week" is a good time to reflect and renew. Spending time with friends is a worthy resolution.

Hilary said...

That sounds like a great start to me. :)

Michael said...

I concur with the high end of the resolutions. Those are beautiful pictures, by the way. Thanks for sharing. :)

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts