Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Thursday, September 13, 2018

Ah, autumn.

This girl has probably saved my life.

On those days when I know I should walk, she gets me out the door.  She knows what she needs, and what I need as well.


We walk 5-6 times a week, three miles each time.

She’s a little huntress, looking for critters all the time.


There are turkeys, and a deer, down in these woods, and she has eyeballed them all.

Some days, I would rather not make the 3 mile trip to the bike trail.  But I do.

And once I’m walking, I’m glad to be there. It’s a mental break I need, but wouldn’t take for myself, 

If not for Naya.

And I know it’s help with the weight loss , 30 lbs total now.  I really can’t believe that, to be honest.

It also helps with arthritis pain, the more you move, the better you feel.


Still weaving the wool silk, and totally tired of these colors.


Not sure yet, what it will become.

Mixing it up, to finish the warp.


This is up next, lace weight wool from Jaggerspun


A box of new yarn is always exciting.

I bought a new rack for shows.  It’s commercial grade, and folds up for transport.


It has extensions on both ends, so it will hold a lot of clothing.

I like it because it’s great for longer items.


Well, this was a chatty little post.....I’m afraid it’s all I’ve got.

Except for a very fat cat.

Sydney says “ hey”.



11 comments:

justjill said...

Sydney is a fat cat but he is lovely. I always feel better when I have forced myself to exercise. I do pulmonary physio and it works, I know it works, but some days I say no....

DJan said...

It's a wonderful post, filled with joy and happy walks with Naya. Although nothing ever stays the same, stopping to appreciate the moment is very important. Thank you for having done that, and sharing it with me. :-)

deodar said...

I have two dogs and after I've finished the morning outside critter chores and had a bit of breakfast and a cup of coffee we go a mile out and a mile back 4 or 5 days a week. Lots of times I'd rather not but I can't say no to those eager eyes and waggy tails! You're right, it makes a world of difference with the arthritis and also with my general outlook for the day.

Shammickite said...

I like the way Sydney drapes himself over the chair. A bit like Cleopatra would. And how can you be tired of those gorgeous colours, they are stunning!

Anita Johnson said...

I have been very poor at looking at blogs and even worse with commenting. My eye sight and computers don’t always cooperate. So today, I’ll stop by and say hello and copy this note into the comments. Some of you are on Facebook or Instagram, but many aren’t. As I’ve said all along, I’ve met wonderful people blogging. Your weaving always intrigues me!

LA said...

I'm so glad you have that bike trail to take Naya to....too bad Sydney can't go with you!!!! Love your new shawls!

Peg Cherre said...

I'm a walker, and now that I live in the city, my daily walks are very different than they were a few years ago when I lived on a dirt road.

I'm a gemtones kind of girl, so love the colors, but I get bored with any colors/patterns if they go on too long. That's why I switch my wefts and/or treadling pattern with each piece.

Bovey Belle said...

We have a Welsh version of Sydney and he's called Ghengis, as when he arrived he was a full tom and quite aggressive. Now he is sans dangly bits he is quite a gent and absolutely ADORES me. Follows me everywhere. He is rather portly as he does a Scarlett O'Hara over food and has vowed never to be hungry again.

Well done with the walking and the weight-loss. I love walking and it's a good way of thinking through problems too.

I hope your get your last project finished soon and get started with some fresh colours.

Deb said...

Congrats Hilary on the weight-loss. I have arthritis in one knee so I know how important it is to keep moving. Bless that sweet dog of yours. She is precious.

Deb said...

Oh yes, "Hi Sydney." xo

Daryl said...

walking is the absolute best form of exercise ...

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts