Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Sunday, March 18, 2018

Mostly weaving.

To those of you who sent me a SASE for seeds, I apologize.....I have to send them in a small manila envelope, with bubble wrap.

So says the retired postal worker, ( ahem )
otherwise, they will get mashed in the machines.

Who knew?
As soon as I get some bubble wrap, they'll be on their way to you.




Good morning, Kingsbury.

I like getting up early.  Good thing, cause my eyes pop open at 6am, whether I like it or not.


I am totally enjoying the freedom to weave whatever I want, without custom orders.


This is cotton and hand dyed tencel......6 yards of it.



When that navy warp was done,  I broke into my stash and put on another towel warp.  I love weaving towels, because I play with drafts and colors as I go.  Every towel is an opportunity to change it up.
And of course, I do.




This one does look like "flying geese" to me.



Last night, after DH went to bed, and I was unimpressed by TV, I decided to do a little "night weaving".

My loom dog was happy that she had a comfy bed nearby.



I have a goal in my head, # of towels, # of clothing items, # of scarves, etc to make it through the summer shows we have scheduled.

We're well on our way to it.



On another blog, someone questioned why we blog.  One commenter said that he didn't understand why anyone would want to read what someone has been up to all day.

Well, for me, when I read some of my fave blogs, it's like a mini visit with someone that I have connected to via blogland.   I get to see where they live, how they live, what matters to them.
I have met so many amazing people because of my blog.


When I hit my head and endured endless headaches and three surgeries, my blog followers were all here cheering me on, letting me vent, sharing my fears and my pain.  It helped.
My blog was the place I could write,  it was where I could put it all into words, and then let it go.

Many, many times, you commented, and said exactly what I needed to hear.


Thank you all, for being here.

Comfort comes in all kinds of packages.





13 comments:

Shammickite said...

Comfort even comes in dog shaped packges! Just observe the sly look on her face.... "Look at me, I get to sleep on the couch AND on mummy's legs!"

Linda said...

Just look at that face! She is smiling!!

tahoegirl.blog said...

I so enjoy your blog and slice of your life. I'm so impressed with your weaving. I grew up in New York not far from where you are.
Of course, now I am practically native Californian, but I'd love for you to read my blog. We're almost the same age, just different journeys.
Best to you.

tahoegirl.blog said...

Sorry, here's my blog
Tahoegirl.blog

Twylla Alexander said...

Keep blogging, so I can keep reading!

Anonymous said...

Comfort does indeed come in all kinds of packages! Changing the subject drastically, girlfriend, is that all the snow you have in Kingston? Sheesh, you look like you are actually close to really having SPRING!
Hugs for now from still way too snowy New Hampshire...

Thistle Cove Farm said...

The tencel adds such a beautiful sheen! People are good, especially blog people and so often lift us when we need lifting.
Comfort: such a needful thing.

Nancy said...

Before I read the words, my brain screamed "flying geese! Gorgeous!" What fun for you to just start playing and design such a wonderful fabric.

I am so happy you and your wonderful dog found each other, and the pics warm my heart.

When I hear/read someone who says "why blog? no one reads those!" I wonder why they think we should all feel the same about things. I love to read blogs, to hear about the design process, the serendipity, the challenges, and the things the blogger cares to share about life... and pictures. I feel sad about the loss of family, friends, animals, and am thrilled when people are doing well after physical problems. Keep the beautiful pics and inspiration and thoughtful comments coming!

jorjorbeth said...

am so happy you and your wonderful dog ทางเข้า D2BET

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

I've been asked that same question... and a commenter sent me a private message saying I really oughta just post pictures and not give my opinion on things and perhaps that's why I don't have a ton of blog commenters...lol.. Well.. my blog is for sharing whatever with whomever wants to be there - I'm not counting. I am forever thankful for those friends and the things we share with each other, help each other through, even teach each other. It's downright inspirational. That Naya girl sure found her rightful place in this world. It's a beautiful thing.

Peg Cherre said...

Can you 'harvest' the stamps on the SASE? You'll need more $$ to send in the bubble wrap.

Sharon said...

I blog for the same reason as you. It’s a network of people I’ve met and share interests with whom I never otherwise would have had a chance to know. And besides, men just ask questions like that, like they need to quantify things to make them valuable. Questions like how many inches do you weave in an hour? Who cares?! That’s not why I weave.

Daryl said...

"One commenter said that he didn't understand why anyone would want to read what someone has been up to all day."

that comment made me laugh ... if he/she doesnt get blogging why read the blog(s)?????

for me blogging was about sharing my photos, there was even a time i thought i would sell them via the blog ... now life's gotten in the way of daily bogging but i dont think i can give it up i would miss the occasional comment ...

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts