Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Monday, February 19, 2018

Relief


Today was a better day.....not totally headache free, but so much better.
I'll take it.
When a little relief comes, it is like a cool breeze on the hottest day you can imagine.
Sometimes, it makes me tear up.
I get defiant about the headache, and hate to shed a tear over it.
But I will shed one for the relief, and that's a fact.



My fave carpenter brought this rack that he made for me.  It's for scarves, and the top piece comes off for transporting to shows.
The dowels are a pants' rack that I bought some time ago.   I would like to buy another pants rack, just like it, to put on the other side of the pole.  Now I just have to find one.




I told you a while back about my "sewing table dreams".........and finally the countertop came in, and fave carpenter put it all together.

Castors wouldn't work, so he put a furniture mover under each cupboard, so I can easily pull it out from the wall, when I want to work on a quilt, and need to get around the whole table.



Can I just say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE it....and it is exactly what I envisioned.

There's space underneath it for my little rolling storage unit, when I'm not using it, and a stool, so I can actually sit and write at the table if I want.

Oh, yeah, I'm in heaven.
Doesn't take much, eh???   A doable headache, and a place to work.



DH calls Naya "my shadow"....she is never far from me.  Seems like she has decided that I'm her person.
That's ok with me.
I'm threading my little loom, and she is napping.
I only have to turn, and she is there.





I recently made a rug for my friend who lives in Georgia.
When she got it, she asked me how much she owed me.
I said, "Nyeh".......she grumbled, then she dropped it.
Probably because the last time she sent me a check, I sent her back a picture of it in little pieces.

So, the sneaky ********* sent me this, because she knew that I lusted after one.




I'm telling ya........doable headache, new sewing table, a Kitchen Aid, and some really good friends.
Oh, and a sweet pup.
What more could I want.




9 comments:

DJan said...

Thrilled I am to hear that the headache is so much better. I love Naya, too. She knows how to pick her person. :-)

Peg Cherre said...

I love the fact that I, and you, can be thrilled by small things.

Daryl said...

lovely .. i am jealous of how terrific a desk/work table that is .. i admire functional furniture ... and sweet Naya ...

Shammickite said...

So glad that the headache isn't as bad as it could be, and I think puppy Naya might have something to do with that, calming influence y'know. Love that work table. I'm using a combination of dining room table and folding utility table, not very elegant at all.

Anonymous said...

Oh My Gosh girlfriend! I don't know what to be jealous over first! The rack is awesome... wish I was married to a carpenter typ guy, sigh! That work table is enviable for sure and you can easily move it from the wall! Wow! Nya needs no words... precious and a good people picker I would say! :D Glad the headache is getting better, they can be such a PAIN! (no pun intended, okay maybe a little one):D And finally a KitchenAid! I love my kitchen aid and it is the only thing I kept from my ex marriage! Hey, a girl has to draw the line somewhere! Last but not least, thanks for the huge giggle about the photo of the torn up check to your friend that tried to pay you for something you made for her! LOL!!!
Hugs for now from warming up New Hampshire...

Anonymous said...

The towel rack is a great space saving way to display your handwoven, I agree you need to add another pants hanger to the other side thus giving you even more display space.

Naya has settled in perfectly, she is happy and content which is all any of us can ask for.

The desk sewing table is very functional, great way to have your "cake" and eat it too.

Enjoy your new mixer, that brand is the bomb!

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Life is good :-)

re'New said...

Glad the headache has abated somewhat. I've had a low to high grade headache since I started my long term antibiotic. But it's to be expected and there is an end in sight so it is more easily tolerated than your situation. Thanks for the encouraging words over the last few months, they help alot!

Anita Johnson said...

I love your posts....

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts