Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Starting again.

My first weaving weekend/bootcamp this year.   I was a little nervous, since the last one I did last year was made extremely difficult with a slamming headache.

But the stars were lined up, or something.  My head cooperated the whole weekend, and it was such a huge relief.

 I hosted two ladies from Massachusetts.


 It is always amazing to watch a student working through  the warping process, threading then sleying, beaming  on the warp.   Working hard, and concentrating, to get it just right.


And suddenly, it is done.  The loom is ready.  Time to weave.
I always love the looks of disbelief and amazement.



They both did a marvelous job.
Time flew by, as it always does on these weekends.



But of course, there was good food.
Weaving can make you hungry.




 It was a lovely weekend, and I was glad to be back at it.  It felt good.





Two happy weavers.  Lots accomplished.  Being hopeful is huge.

Thanks Barb and Pat, I had a wonderful time, and I hope you did, too.




Next weaving bootcamp June 21-23.  Email me at crazyasaloom@aol.com  or go to my website, www.crazyasaloom.com and click on Weaving Weekends.

8 comments:

KarenInTheWoods said...

Yup. they sure look happy!!!!

ya dun good....

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Karen and Steve
(Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Anonymous said...

Nice! Glad it all worked out for you and that the ladies had a successful class. Oh, and is that an apple pie?? It sure looks tasty no matter what kind it is. xox

Sharon said...

Lucky ladies, to have an entire weekend to focus on learning to weave. Their happy faces and their beautiful work says everything.

Hilary said...

I'm so glad your head cooperated and allowed you to enjoy it. The ladies sure to look happy.

Unknown said...

sounds like a joyful weekend, so proud of you and your students!

mkd said...

Beautiful colors - I loved the stained glass window and that pie looks almost as good as the final woven products! Glad your head cooperated!

Devon said...

I don't weave, but that just looks like fun... if I didn't live across the country I would sign up!
Thanks to your recommendation, I have been using waterlogue! I am a watercolor painter and it is so fun to watch it work and see the results!
Have a great day!

Deb said...

Glad to see you back in the swing of things Hilary. Hugs

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts