Some things I have discovered/decided:
1. I hate spinning. I have tried and tried to like it, but I just don't. I can do it, pretty well actually, but it bores me to tears. So I am going to sell my Louet S10 double treadle wheel. It's a part of my downsizing efforts
2. I love croissants. I could eat them every day. And I have decided that no matter how hard they look, I am going to make my own.
3. I am going to buy a new furnace for the studio. Then when I am gone for 3 months next year, I can just pay for oil, and not worry. And pellets won't have to be carried from the barn.
I will also need to buy less pellets!! My poor old house has had the same old furnace for about 40 years........it sounds like a VW bug when it takes off.
4. I am pretty much done with custom orders, unless they are easy, or wicked fun. Call me ornery. I don't care.
5. The only thing that matters is being happy, being ok with yourself, and being with the people that you love. All the rest is bull**%*&&#!
6. I will never arrive, I am always on the journey. I need to remind myself of that, often.
Mostly, I am grateful.
You think I'm crazy? (she's had a headache for over 2 years, and she's grateful?)
Yup, grateful to be here. Grateful for the chance to go on living my life. Grateful for my incredible family, and my fantastic friends.
I think, in fact, a little more gratitude is in order.