Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Panoramic

In light of the storms heading our way, Roy and I were out walking before 8am.
As much as he loves his morning nap, he is always up for his morning walk.





Finally got my "upholstery fabric" rug off the loom.  It really  turned out nicer than I had hoped.  And it is thick, and heavy.  It should last a long time.
It is 33" x 52", and will be on the web site soon.



 My stomach has been a little off, so I skipped lunch, and had a protein shake.
Protein powder, frozen strawberries, half a banana, and almond milk.



 While L was enjoying a  turkey sub (and chips) for lunch, I was playing with the "panorama" setting on my iPhone camera.
Pretty darn cool.


I will admit that I found it by accident.  Who knew?
It does give you a better feel for what the studio is like.
 

This is the "old kitchen", with the door to the back porch finally open.
That box is FULL of cut upholstery fabric.



 Yes, it's true, there are looms in every room.
Excepting the bathrooms.
Only because they are too small.
 I have realized that recovery from two surgeries on my head may take a year, or more.
I try to pace myself every day.  It's tough.  You can imagine.
There is so much to do.

I am revamping my ideas about what the studio means to me, about what a "productive" day really looks like, and how living in the now can change everything.



12 comments:

Deb said...

Yes, it does help to see the studio. Very nice!

TexWisGirl said...

i like that panoramic view! very cool!

Mary said...

A while back you mentioned the book Skinny Bitch. Well, I read it. It spoke to my core. I am now a vegan. No animal products whatsoever. I have been quietly thinking about making the "change". The book helped me make a concrete decision. Thank you for mentioning the book. It opened my eyes.

Loomatic said...

The pictures are awesome.

Recovery takes a long time. I can't wait to see more from that fancy new loom you got:-) When you feel up to it.

Daryl said...

i think i didnt use the setting properly, tell me, please, how you did it

Cait Throop said...

Oh I love the panoramic views! I don't know if my camera can do that...have to hunt up the manual...Meanwhile I hope you are feeling better! I might make it over there because we are going to Saratoga June 20-23 for Gary's business. I hope so!

Anna M. Branner said...

I accidentally discovered the panorama button too! But now I can't remember how I did it. Ha! Your work space(s) are so lovely and bright.

Rita said...

I had no idea cameras even had a panoramic view. So cool! Does give a better overall view. Rug looks great! Adapting and adjusting sounds like it has been good for your soul. :)

ain't for city gals said...

wow...there is a LOT going on in those pics! I could not (wouldn't want to) do it and I have had zero brain surgeries!...think about taking some serious time off and heal.

Avalanche Looms / Susan Johnson said...

You found such a beautiful place for a studio and shop. Houses like that are really scarce in wisconsin

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Hmmmm... does my phone have this option???... I have to look!


I love that upholstery rug, absolutely love the color combo in it. Would look good with alot of decors...

Hilary said...

Oh I love that view.. it does a great job of showing the room layout. I'll have to borrow my son's phone sometime.

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts