Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Monday, September 14, 2009

So blah.

One thing about going to the gym in the morning, you start the day off tired out. I guess you are supposed to feel energized, and ready for anything.
But maybe it takes a few months to make that jump.
Anyway, I got to the studio feeling very unmotivated.
Maybe it was taking a day off yesterday, interrupting my usual momentum.
Whatever.
I decided to finish a rug that was on the big loom. It is another beige one, the first was an order, this one is for sale on my web site.
It measures 5x7 and it is a mix of beiges and tans and creams.
Guess it is pretty boring, but it matched my mood.
So I took my friend to Panera, to lunch. I wasn't being terribly creative or productive, so I didn't feel bad at all about going.
And the Fuji apple salad was pretty darn good.
Would have been better with a glass of wine.


I feel like I am drifting a bit lately. I think this being "retired" thing has just begun to really sink in. Now that my apprentice/worker bee is gone off to the real world in a real job, I have a lot of quiet time at the studio. Me, myself, and I.
And the cats of course.
Time to look at my life from every perspective.......where I've been, and where I am right now.


I feel contemplative. Introspective. I know that there is always more to learn. I feel like a work in progress, and I guess I always will be.
But no matter what I do, I can always count on this guy.
Unconditional love, right here.
My buddy, Ed.

7 comments:

Country Girl said...

I have days like that, too. But that salad sounded really good.

Theresa said...

Yep, unconditional love is wonderful thing! Why not get another helper bee maybe part-time. It would be help and company.
I always feel a little butt dragging during the changing seasons. Maybe
I really want to hibernate?

Anonymous said...

You have 2 guys that you can ALWAYS count on !
DH

Delighted Hands said...

The rug is beautiful-not a boring color just calm. I need a lot of quiet but you need to know what YOU need to be happy.

Hilary said...

Those day do come around for a reason.. probably to prove you can cope. And your DH's comment is heart-warming. :)

Coastal said...

HI-
As one who is facing never being able to retire, I can only say "Enjoy!!"

Lori said...

From one work in progress to another I understand having days like this. And that salad does sound good!

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts