Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Friday, June 26, 2009

Day trip with Morgan




These are the mountains in Vermont, just over the New York line. My daughter and I headed out in spite of the rain. We never checked the weather, and our plans had been made.
Her birthday is this weekend, and when I asked her what she wanted for her birthday, she said she wanted us to spend the day together.
Music to a Mom's ears.

So we did what we love to do. We went to Manchester, Vt. And we went to our favorite lunch spot, Candelero's. They have great food, and we especially like the freshly made tortilla chips, and their guacamole.
We had no idea what this plant was outside their front door, but we liked it.
I especially love the ambience of this place. It is very informal, and comfortable.
Unfortunately, the bathroom is upstairs.

There is this room, which is the quieter space, and then the big dining room, where the bar is.

We went to the Northshire Book Store, too, but it was raining sideways, so my camera stayed put. I could spend hours shopping for books here......but I was good, only bought a couple. But I did make a mental note of others I like, for next time.

Then we went to our NEXT favorite place, the Mettowee Mill Nursery. It was raining when we got there, but while we were perusing their fantastic little shop, it stopped. So we went outside and shopped for flowers.

She got the flowers she wanted for her birthday. I love this......I get to buy her a birthday present that she really wants, and NO WRAPPING.
We also fed the trout.
They have a pond with trout, and this is a very clever marketing tool, if you think about it.
When I head there with my husband, who has no love of flowers whatever, he says, "Is that the place with the fish?" I say, "Yeah". And he says, "Oh, OK."

This is a little video I took of the fish.......I have to preface this.....my daughter brought me the book, "The Face on Your Plate", since we both have been trying out a vegetarian diet for the last few months. I have been eating fish right along, which she has not........so listen for her comment towards the end.
Geesh. She really knows how to get me.

5 comments:

Country Girl said...

This is a post chock full of wonderfulness! From the freshly made tortillas and guacamole to a daughter whose only birthday wish is to spend a day with her mother . . . the shopping, the little fish video . . . fun!! Hope your weekend continues to shine.

bspinner said...

Thanks for sharing your daughter's birthday outing with us. Looks and sounds like you both had a lovely day. She's very pretty, does she take after her mom?
I'm also a fish eating vegetarian. I've been away from eating meat so long the smell turns my stomach.
Loved the fish video!!!!

Hilary said...

Hey, she's got it backwards. We moms are supposed to lay the guilt on our kids.. not the other way around! ;)

Davis Jackson said...

Cool post! I think the tree in front of the restaurant is a banana. I've got 3 of them in my backyard. Do you live in upstate NY? My family is from there going back to forever. Wallkill area. But originally the Taconic area.

Hilary said...

Yes, upstate NY, but WAY upstate, north of Albany.

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts