Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Monday, July 8, 2019

Addendum

Here is the poem that I referenced, a couple of posts ago.




Lonesome Boy Blues
by Kenneth Patchen
Oh nobody’s a long time
Nowhere’s a big pocket
To put little
Pieces of nice things that
Have never really happened
To anyone except
Those people who were lucky enough
Not to get born
Oh lonesome’s a bad place
To get crowded into
With only
Yourself riding back and forth
On
A blind white horse
Along an empty road meeting
All your
Pals face to face
Nobody’s a long time



2 comments:

Mary said...

Thank you for posting this poem.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Hello Hilary. Thank you for your comments on Labyrinths on my post. We seem like kindred spirits - I have added you to my blog list. Best wishes.

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts