Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Self imposed stress

Yep that’s me.  Guilty.  Stressing over a list of things I want done, but who made the list?

Yeah.  I did. 

No one is causing me theses feelings but me.

Had to have a rotten locust tree taken down in the side yard, so I now have deep tire tracks across my front lawn.

Trying to let it go.


I am solving the “ what to do with all these veggies” issue, by gifting lots to whoever wants them.

Not pickling.  Not canning.  Nada. No.


We eat what we can.

I made this scrumptious sweet corn zucchini pie.

Delicious.


And some bread for a family get together.


I got a free Kitchen Aid blender with my Sears card points, and I did whip up a little pesto.


There’s nothing quite like homemade pesto.


  My young chickens have started to lay, little eggs at first, but by the end of the month they should be producing  well.


Weaving a little, here’s another Möbi Shrug.


I’m going to clean my outside porch today.  I don’t want to, but until I get it done, it’s going to make me crazy.  The energy it would take to talk me out of that, might well be spent on getting it done.

These two .

Wow. 

They make stress disappear.



8 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Hilary, we are our worst own enemy.
I make lists everyday, and stress over not achieving them....
I see things that need doing and won't rest until they are taken care of, I 'spect it is how we are programmed !
Sorry about the tire tracks, can you get someone to put a lot of top soil down and then they will fill in with the grass once again?
Lots of nice looking vegetables there, it's nice of you to share, and that bread looks scrumptious.
Hugs,
~Jo

Deb said...

Hi Hilary...that zucchini pie looks scrumptious, If you care to share the recipe sometime I would like to make it.We are having the same issues with the garden. I'm giving lots away and eating what we can. We are still waiting on cantalope to ripen and our beans are slow but coming along. Your grands are so cute...makes you feel thankful, I'll bet. I was sorry to read about Jinxie. It's so hard to lose them and it never gets easier.
As far as my 'to do' list...with what just happened I have thrown it out the window. :-(

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

That pie looks delish! I posted it on Facebook so I don't forget to try it. And the bread? Yum.. but if I bake that, I'll eat it. You know the woe..lol...

Joanne Noragon said...

You certainly have enough todo, plus two little ones.My admiration.

Denise at Autumn Sky said...

I'm spending a couple days just spending money as our garbage disposal was leaking and our water softener quit working a while ago. Plumbers, new appliances and we're down $2000 just like that.
Dale looks so grown up already. When did that happen????

Shammickite said...

Don't worry about the grass, it'll come back.
Don't worry about too many veggies, someone will eat them.
In fact, don't worry. About anything.

sanpiseth40 said...

I enjoyed over read your blog post.
Your blog have nice information, I got good idea from this amazing blog.
I am always searching like this type blog post. I hope I will see again…
หนังออนไลน์

Daryl said...

drooling over the pesto and corn pie ...

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts