Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

What matters.


I finally decided that trying to rinse my 14 yard dyed warp in the studio was going to be a huge mess......so out to the lawn we went.



I unrolled it, and put each of the 18 bouts in its own mesh laundry bag.


This made it much simpler to rinse each one, without getting tangled up in another.



Then I squeezed each one out, and hung it to dry.



 And here it is..........I am still debating what color weft will work best.


I am grateful to Melissa over at Tangible Daydreams.  She gave me the confidence to even try this.




Before I got this dyed warp on the loom, I was weaving up some napkins.

I did some white ones, which sold immediately.


Then I wove some in lots of different patterns.


Lois finished this shawl, in bamboo and tencel.  It feels amazing.



I love my weaving studio.  I love what I do.
I really love my home....this old house.
I know that this is where I am supposed to be.


But more than anything tangible in my life, I love being Mimi.




Nothing matters this much.







9 comments:

Shammickite said...

Some lovely photos in this post. The dying, the rinsing, the loom, and of course, that toothy grin!

DJan said...

Smiles to melt the heart, Hilary. I also love the art you create at the loom. :-)

Theresa said...

Heart melted! What a grin! I bet yours was matching too. I need to weave some napkins to go with the rag placemats I'm doing. Any suggestions for a casual nice looking weave that goes with everything? I'm thinking maybe a canvas weave......

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Tell Lois that shawl is absolutely beautiful!!

And you're definitely one of the best Mimi's around. :-)

Melissa said...

Oh wow, that is going to be gorgeous! And yes, I've done the out on the lawn trick too. :)

Barbara said...

I love those colors. Turned out beautiful. Love that smile too!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful image the building You chose well for the theme.
Your blog is very nice,Thanks for sharing good blog.
starbet789

Daryl said...

LOVE those colors and he's getting so big so fast ... such a sweetie

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Fantastic colors !
What a sweet little face....and happy as can be :)
Hugs,
~Jo

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts