Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Productive day

I am still on the mission of making quilts for everyone in my family.

This is for DH.

I had saved this particular fabric just for him.
When I showed it to him, I asked, "did you like the fabric?"
He said, "oh, yeah, it's great."






But later, when I mentioned the fabric specifically, he clearly didn't have a clue.



So I pointed it out to him........


And then he really DID like it.



I wish I didn't like these........I could eat them every day.....that wouldn't be good, right??



This omelet would be a lot healthier, and I love this, too.



This morning I had to change the threads on my serger......and it didn't go that smoothly.




My go to helper is on YOU TUBE........a threading tutorial that is very simple to understand.
Very quickly, I was up and running.




I didn't weave at all today.....I decided to get some of my weaving scraps out and get sewing.


This one actually has arm holes, but then it drapes like it doesn't.
Cotton and handdyed bamboo.




A poncho, same blend.



And a short little cover up.


I took a break from sewing and dyed some cotton.......




And then I got my second wind, and made some purses from some of the smaller pieces.



I've had these wooden handles in my stash for so long, thought it was time to use them.







After all that work, I'm beat.  Tomorrow, however, is another day.





SaveSave

8 comments:

charlotte said...

That sure was an incredibly productive day! I love the political quilt. And your woven fabrics are fantastic, to you have a dobby loom?

Back Porch Writer said...

Your work is beautiful. Absolutely love it. Every piece.

Cindie said...

Looks like a very fun fibery day. This quilt is great too - love that fabric!

Melissa said...

So Many Pretty Things!! And I love the drape on that cotton/bamboo blend.

Peg Cherre said...

I love the quilt. And I love that first top - the one with armholes that drapes like it doesn't.

Shammickite said...

You are inspiring me to get on with all those unfinished projects I have around the house. Like a half finished quilt sitting in my sewing room for the past 2 months. But in my defence, I did make 17 jars of strawberry jam yesterday! Definitely an achievement!

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Sheesh, you're a dynamo! All beautiful creations -

Daryl said...

oh i love love DH's quilt and those wooden handles brought back memories, fond ones, of my mom's knitting bag!

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts