Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Monday, November 16, 2015

November rocks.

The days may be shorter, but the weather has been pretty darn nice for November.  
The late afternoon light is amazing.    I had to slow down tonight on the way home from town, to catch a picture or two.
Luckily, there were no other cars on the road.


I love driving home through the countryside.
I hated living in town with so much congestion.   I will never do it again.


I'm a country girl at heart.
I don't want to be anything else.


Walking Roy in the late afternoon, looks like a storm is coming.  But still, the light is lovely.



I have been getting ready for the Hudson Mohawk Weaver's Guild show and sale.  It is coming up soon, this Thursday to be exact.

37th Annual Show & Sale
Date: Thursday, Nov 19 through Sunday, Nov 22, 2015Hours: Thu 2-9, Fri 10-9, Sat 10-5, Sun 12-4Location: Pruyn House, 207 Old Niskayuna Road, Newtonville (Colonie), NY 12128


I have SEVEN mohair shawls done.  But I decided that the 'natural' cream might not be such a great seller.  So I dyed all day yesterday.



My kitchen was a disaster area, and I have vowed to never dye inside again.
Part of the reason for that is that on the LAST one, I was distracted, and it boiled over.

Can anyone say TURQUOISE floor????






Anway, I am ready.   Everything is DONE, and tagged, and packed.  Inventoried.


I am very proud of myself.   I could have, would have, almost did, work right up until the show making even MORE stuff.
But for once, reason prevailed.  The new, more balance me, decided that was a really stupid idea.

I made bread instead.



I went to a Fine Arts show at the Saratoga Museum of Dance.






Fellow guild member, Ann Diller, at her booth of fine hand wovens.

Then afterwards, I took myself to lunch.


And it was delish.


Then I took myself home, and spent the rest of the afternoon  weaving and  enjoying the sun coming through the windows.


It's amazing what you can give yourself permission to do.




3 comments:

Deb said...

I like your life now. It sounds wonderful. :)

Daryl said...

oh those colors are so vibrant, i bet they all sell out ASAP

Sharon said...

Fun post. Thanks for taking me along with you! Now you've got me thinking about baking bread :)

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts