Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Finally/At last.

Moving to the studio has been my dream since I bought the old house 10 years ago.  Unbelievably, it is happening.

 I woke up early, to the sounds of birds outside my window.
I went down to the living room and spent some time cuddling with Roy-boy.
We watched the sun come up and fill the living room with the loveliest, soft light.


 I have pictures to put up, things to put away, but it is remarkably organized so far.  It didn't hurt that I brought those 50 some odd containers over in March and April, and put it all away.


Roy was a little uneasy, being overnight in a different place, and a walk was just what he needed.
This is my new view walking.



 I love it.



Can I repeat myself here?
I love it.




Roy loved it, too.
I know him.


I decided to somewhat take the day off.  There is plenty to do to clean up our 'old' house, and get it ready to sell.
But today, not so much.
I putzed around a bit, with this and that.
Put my clothes away, cleaned off the kitchen counter, stuff like that.
Took a little nap.


 There are a few containers sitting around, and I will go through them one at a time, until I  have finished them.


Over in the weaving studio part of my house, I made some changes.
I wanted to be able to relax here, and have friends over, to a quiet TV-less, part of my home.


Just a couple of comfy chairs.



Lois had this brilliant idea to fold up the 2 Schachts, and store them along the wall until you are actually using them.  It works.


This is where I get to sit back and enjoy it.
I can't wait until the other house is sold, and finally, I have one house on my radar, one to worry about, one to maintain.
Sounds kind of like heaven.



12 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy for you hope you are feeling better!

Deb said...

We haven't read about any out-door cats recently, Hilary. Do you still have any and will they be making the move too?

Connie in Hartwood said...

I remember this feeling, how relieved I was when we moved here. Balancing the needs of two houses takes a toll. What I love most about your move is hearing how you have made the studio fit both your business and personal lives so well. Roy will be happy any place that you are happy.

518Frenchgirl said...

Congratulations! You planned it right and faced obstacles as they came...but you made it! So happy that you are finally in your loom nest. Would love to stop by now and again to see what you're up to. M Leclaire

Unknown said...

Lovely! Congratulations!

Theresa said...

Huzzah Huzzah!

Peg Cherre said...

Yay, yay, YAY!!!!!

Revel in it!

Gayle said...

Love everything about this! So happy for you. I did not see any of the kitties, what do they think of all of this?

thotlady said...

Everything in the house looks wonderful. I am very happy for you.

Janice Zindel said...

Hilary,... congratulations on the move to where your heart has been for so long!!! Hoping your health is on the mend and you will all have a wonderful summer.

Daryl said...

late to the party but wanting none the less to say mazel tov!!!!!!!!!!

Pepper Medley said...

Lucky you, Hilary. Sure hope you spend many a happy year in this house. xox

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts