Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Monday, July 18, 2011

The blues.

I
I had some help early this morning, to mow the lawn, and cut brush.  They lasted about a half hour, and the sky opened up.
It rained for a long time, so I took them home.
Another day, I guess.



Over the weekend, I wove at the studio, all alone.  I quite enjoyed it, I must say, after the somewhat stressful week.
There were no blue jean rugs on the shelves, so I decided to spend some time on them.


These are all 2'x3', approximately.  They are usually a few inches longer than that.  I love the way they all come out a little differently.

  
I know that some weavers separate the shades of blue.  The lights, the darks.
But I don't.  I like the haphazard, spontaneous,  hit and miss look of all different shades of blue sewn together.


There is a tutorial of sorts, on my web site, www.crazyasaloom.com  that shows how I cut and sew them together.  I presently have a lot of jeans cut and sewn, and another bunch in the barn that need to be cut and sewn.


Unfortunately, my sources for second hand blue jeans has somewhat dried up, so by next year, I will be scrambling to find more.  I think (hope) I am good for this year.


I am kind of trying to get my groove back, if you know what I mean.  I have been feeling a little stressed, overwhelmed, not myself.


Sometimes when I feel that way, repetition is a good thing.  It helps me to quiet that uneasy feeling.


Are you bored yet???

11 comments:

Marsel said...

Bored with blues? No way! I love the variations in each rug...they're beautiful.

Rubye Jack said...

When I used to crochet it would quiet that uneasy feeling. I usually think of it as free floating anxiety.

Reena said...

Hope this has relieved a little of that stress. And I'm never bored of these types of blues!

TexWisGirl said...

these are gorgeous. nope, we're still here.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Just gorgeous, you are a master of your art.
~Jo

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Your porch looks so inviting, especially on a rainy summer day. I can imagine sitting out there with a good book and a cup of tea.

Connie in Hartwood said...

When life takes control and it feels like we're being taken for a ride, it's important to take control of something, anything. Alone time is good time ... doing something repetitive and relaxing, and having something to show for it in the end makes you feel like the time was used well.

I'm in awe of what you do.

Anonymous said...

I am bored.. not with your post today... just bored with blogging today. Time for me to log off and back away from the computer I guess. Trapped indoors due to hot weather too. I REALLY dislike summer and what it does to my attitude.

Anonymous said...

Not bored at all, indigo blue is a calming color. I agree with Snappy Di, the hot weather is not my cup of tea, much rather have fall and winter weather.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful rugs! I love the blues in them. So pretty! I wish I'd known about you a couple years ago. I had saved up all of our old blue jeans for years but finally decided I probably would never get around to weaving with them and I threw them all away. I had a big stack of them. They're so heavy though that it probably would have cost a LOT to ship them to you.
Cheryl
acorntooak.blogspot.com

Sus said...

Your rugs are ALL beautiful. Today I re-discovered the calming effect of repetition. Thank goodness,eh?

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts