Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Surprise


Well, I haven't blogged in a couple of weeks, and leave it to Blogger to change how you 
upload photos........
Always a challenge.


The photos are kind of random, but I'm just trying to keep it real....this is my life.

My new favorite lunch.....boiled eggs, avocado, cherry tomatoes and sriracha.
So, so good.  And a protein boost for this vegetarian.



I haven't done much gardening this year, with my new hip, but my garlic did 
marvelously, and it's drying on the inside porch........enough to share with my daughters, and 
keep some for myself.





The rest of these pictures are of my collection of daylilies......I have quite a few, and 
they really need to be divided.


With all the bad luck I had last month, there were some sunny spots that 
encouraged me.

Out of the blue, I was given a loom by a gentleman who just popped into the 
studio one day.  His wife had bought it years ago, never used it, and now was unable to.
It was in their way.  
I was surprised to see that it was a lovely loom, an oak Schacht, and I new right away that I did not need it,
and that maybe it was just the gift I needed.







Last year I bought a Megado loom, a beautiful, and expensive loom.
I bought it with the 'mechanical' dobby, which is just like it sounds.....a lot of work.

So I knew that at some point, if I was going to keep the loom, and maybe love it,
that I would have to bite the bullet and buy the expensive electronic dobby for it.
I couldn't justify the cost, so I waited.

 I  quickly put the gifted Schacht loom up for sale........

I sold it in just a few days for my asking price, along with its bench and a couple of 
other items.


Then I ordered the new electronic dobby for my Megado..... with the money from the 
free loom, it ended up costing me $28, 
plus I had to pay for the shipping.
I'm a happy weaver.


I think the universe sent me that little surprise, and I am grateful.





I am finally starting to get some walking in, now that the temperatures have come down just a bit.
That was my dream before I had this hip replacement, but then my knees cranked up, then the temperatures and humidity did as well.

Just to walk.....that is all I wanted.

So let's see if I can get it done.  




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your dailies are exquisite. Thanks for the post.

Susan said...

Your Lillie’s are gorgeous! Wish we lived close and could trade some colors. I’m glad your loom exchange worked out well.

Valerie said...

What a crafty way to get the needed loom upgrade!
I look forward to seeing what comes off the new loom.

Walking...one step at a time. You will get there.

Rita said...

That unexpected gift was a blessing!
Glad the temps have changed enough that you can get out walking again sometimes.
The lilies and the garlic do look great!
Enjoy any cooler (or just decent) weather you get. :)

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts