Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Tuesday, September 7, 2021

At last

At long last, I think I've turned a corner.  It's been 10, almost 11, weeks since my total knee replacement, and finally, the pain has dialed down enough so I can sleep more than one or two hours at a time.
I've also realized, just in the last several days, that I am not always focused on my knee.  I forget about it for periods of time.

Heart be still.

It's been a tough couple of months, but I think I can see the light, and the relief is immense.

Oh, it still hurts, but not like before.  And......it's doable.   More and more, it's in the rear view mirror.  


Here's my new cotton warp for towels....Lois and I put it on yesterday, and I'm hoping to start weaving again, on some kind of regular routine, even if it's not for long each day.
I feel that I desperately need some structure.





Just for the record......this stuff is awful.
I was so hoping it wouldn't be, but it is.




The grands were up to visit last week, and the playhouse needed some decorating.




I am still so amazed at how much happier I am with it as a playhouse, than I ever was as a chicken coop.
Relief, it's a wonderful thing, however you find it.


Once apon a time, I had water in this fountain, in the middle of the labyrinth.  The problem was leaves blocking the water flow, water evaporating, and trying to keep the cord to the house hidden.  So I gave it up, and planted a few succulents in it, and they have taken over.

They surpassed my expectations.


Another bit of good news:  I found someone dependable to mow the areas that need to be push mowed, and he's going to do it on a regular basis.   I am beyond thrilled.
Like I said:  relief is the word of the day.



Lately, Sydney has decided that these dogs are getting too much attention, and every evening, she somehow manages to get her very large self up onto the sofa with me.



Naya doesn't mind at all, but Willie has given her the side eye a couple of times.
Sydney is not intimidated one bit.  She says, "I was here first."

Boom.








8 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

I saw all those two inch bouts in the thumbnail and said Hooray!, that's a towel warp for sure. You go, dear heart.

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

I am sure that was a revelation that you hadn’t been thinking about your pain! I hope your recovery continues! -Jenn

Cheryl said...

Good for you! So glad that you have turned that corner! I have been waiting to hear those words from you! Gotta say, for me, knee replacement was the worst.surgery.ever. I am glad that both my knees are done...never to be done again, God willing and the creek don't rise. :)

Hopefully, some day, they come up with an easier and less painful way of doing it. I have heard that some hospitals are using a robot...not sure if that's any less painful.

Time to enjoy your life!

Peg Cherre said...

So glad to hear you’re feeling better. And love all the relief you’re feeling on several fronts. You deserve it! Sending pets for all your animals and a hug for o.

Rita said...

So very glad to hear your knee is better and easier to ignore!
Love the playhouse for the girls. They'll never forget it!
Cats know how to keep dogs in line--lol! :)

Belinda said...

Great news. Glad you are poised to weave!

lou said...

So glad you are doing better!

joyceetta said...

Ha! I have some of that pasta in my pantry. Perhaps I’ll take your word for it and not even bother. 🙁

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts