Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Whoosh

Sometimes in the early morning, while I am drinking coffee on the couch with my two faithful, sometimes needy companions, I hear a "whoosh", "whoosh", outside.

Looking out my living room window, straight down Route 4, I saw this balloon.  There was another one right behind it, and they both were very close to the power lines, and the highway, before they landed down by Sally's Hen House, a local diner.



Willie did not like them at all......and sat in the window barking at them for awhile.
Naya yawned.

I was just glad to see that they landed without incident.


I've been weaving, but not in a hell bent pace, making things here and there.

Running a week long sale on my FB biz page, one item half price every day, for just that day.
It will pump up the down payment I am needing to buy my Subaru, when my lease is up in June, 
and it takes some things off the rack to make room for new stuff.
Plus it keeps my followers happy.

Sometimes people message me and say that they can't find my web site.   Once again, it's gone.
GONE.
No more hassle.  No more outrageous cost, and costly updates.
SIMPLIFY.
That's my mantra.

In a crazy, crazy, world,  keeping it simple is the only way I 
can hang on,
If I make it, it will appear on FB.
If you want it, message me.
I'll paypal you, and it will arrive at your doorstep.
How much easier could it be?




Ruana in silk warp, and silk boucle' weft, hand dyed.


This wacky shawl left within two hours of posting.
Honestly, FB makes me more money than my web site has done in quite some time.
Made it easier to let it go.


I have also been trying hard to use up my stash of yarn, and not buy a lot of new stuff.
So here is yards and yards of chenille warp, with various wefts, all plant fibers, so washable.  It is super soft, and I have not yet been moved to cut it.








Yard work has dogged me for the last few years.   My fused neck makes it difficult, and head ache producing, to do much of it.
Last year, I found this amazing help on FB marketplace, and he worked for me all year long.  
He actually facilitated the whole process of removing the barn, cleaning up the mess, and landscaping 
the back yard .  Unfortunately, this year, he has a full time job, and he is not available.
I almost cried.

This area to the south of the chicken yard, was overrun last year with Sumac.   He cleaned it all up.
So yesterday, I went out and hit it with the push weed whacker, and hopefully, I can keep it like this.
If the Sumac takes off, and gets too high, it completely takes over, and it is horrific to deal with.


While I am weed whacking, the girls are waiting for any stray blades of grass to come their way.




One thing I have decided, the more I let my creative muse do her thing the more sales I make.
Apparently, the people who follow my weaving lean more to the hippie side of me.

Not that there really is much of a conservative side, though occasionally I try.
That isn't so appealing, it seems.
So I guess I'll just go with it.





This is way more fun anyway.






5 comments:

Bettina Groh said...

your ruana (sp?) was gorgeous... love it!!! I've been missing pictures of your weavings.

Maryse said...

I love your ruana! Beautiful color and great lenght!
Maryse

Joanne Noragon said...

Life sounds a tad more upbeat. Now for another handyperson....

Rita said...

I hope you can search out another handyman for your yard!
I love the hippie side of you. :)

Unknown said...

Oops that was me that didn't realize you didn't have your website but I am so glad I was able to buy one of your beautiful pieces of clothing. I think it's coming tomorrow.

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts