Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Friday, August 23, 2019

August is almost over.







I finally got this piece off the loom.  The warp is hand dyed silk, the weft is hand dyed cotton hemp.
It turned out to be quite lovely, and I'm happy with it.

That's always a good feeling.


I must say that I have not gotten as much done this last couple of months, as I usually do.  The humidity has really bogged me down.

Sometimes you just have to be ok with that.



Remember my cardboard cut out on my sewing machine........well, it worked, but hey, I decided I deserve something more permanent.
And here it is, custom made for my machine.



It's called a Sew Steady table, and I LOVE it.  $199.......a helluva lot cheaper than a $2000 sewing machine table.


Willie has passed the small children test with flying colors.

He loves them as much as they love him.


They aren't allowed to sit on the dogs, or make them uncomfortable in any way.....unless being petted and scratched continuously might be considered  upsetting.


While they were here, Dale asked me to make a doll for her crib.   So I cut out a shape, and sewed it together, and stuffed it with some cut up quilt batting I had laying around.   Then the hole had to be sewn by hand, and she insisted on doing it.

My friend Alice had stopped by, that's her hand on the right...holding the seam together.......while Dale sewed it up.
I have to tell you, she did a really good job.

And the love the photo, it says volumes to me.


Someone thinks that my ottoman  is for sitting on.




They each find their own spot, then sometimes they swap places.


They always look so comfy.


There have been a few times this week, when I have wondered if I might have lost my mind, adopting such an energetic dog.
Then I happened to read his paperwork from the vet, and it said that he was 18 mo to 2 years.....not 3 years old like they told me.

No wonder.

But whatever reservations, or worries, appear in my brain, when I see these two together, I know that it is ok.

They play, then they sleep....then they play some more.


He is kind of tough on the end of a leash, but I know he will come around in time.
It will just take work.



And his personality is very special.  He is one big MOOSH.  He loves to be held and touched and loved.


It's only been 4 days.   I know that in the weeks to come, he will learn and adjust and grow.

Willie is a part of this pack.


6 comments:

Kim said...

Is there no limit to your open heart, Hillary?

So much good stuff in your post, so much love.

re'New said...

Beautiful shawl - the green is perfect :)

Joanne Noragon said...

He does look like a happy dog.
That green is so lovely!

Maryse said...

Beautiful scarf and a honey of puppy!
Maryse

Cindie said...

He really made himself at home, didn't he? And what a great home he has now. So glad he's working out so well.

Alex said...

Really nice content ... Admin... Have great information I contribute with your experienced... I hope you post again soon. I am very happy to leave a comment for this blog, which really put honest information...
Sciatica Pain Frankfort

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts