Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Sunday, October 14, 2018

Angel


I can't let today go by without acknowledging that the world has lost a special person, no doubt there
is another angel in the heavens.

Vicky Westra.......fought her battle with breast cancer for 7 years.
She so wanted to stick around for her two sons.  She did her best.
Always.

Image may contain: 3 people, including Vicky Held Westra, people smiling, people standing and outdoor

I got to know her through our blogs, and then we talked back and forth.  So many times, when I started to feel sorry for myself and fought not to give in to the headaches,  I watched her clawing her way back to a normal life, enduring so much pain, and misery, just to stay with her family.

I told her she was my inspiration, and she clearly inspired so many.  She had a pure and loving spirit, a strength that was amazing to see.   I told her that I would see her someday, and I would be certainly be able to find her, because she would be surrounded by light, beautiful, shining light.

Fly high, sweet girl.   You've earned a rest from it all.

7 comments:

messymimi said...

Please accept my condolences for your loss. It's so hard to see someone lose this kind of fight.

Daryl said...

may she rest in peace ....and hugs to you

WPgirl said...

Fly on Eagle's wings Vicky. We'll miss you.
Lynda in Michigan

Unknown said...

May you fly with rainbows around you dear Vicky. Your voice, your strong perseverance and deep love for your family has been a stable encouragement example in my life. You will forever be in my heart.🙏🙏🙏💖💖💖. Kristin

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...


I am so sad to know she is' gone, and yet relieved that her suffering is over. Hoping she is right where she deserves to be - in a glorious Heaven enjoying peace at last.

Beverley said...

So sorry you have lost a friend. Bev

Connie in Hartwood said...

I don't remember how I found Vicky ... probably here or on Karen's blog. I loved her spirit and her love for her family. She was an inspiration to me, too. I am sad for her family. She left behind a huge legacy through those of us she brought along on her journey.

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts