1. Learn how to take naps, and when you have learned, perFect them.
2.Make a list of friends, old and new, and spend TIME with them. Lunch, day trips, coffee, a glass of wine, a bike ride, a walk. Any time is good time.
3. Walk. No matter what. Foot pain, knee pain, never mind. Walk. Then walk some more.
4. Be very selective about custom orders. No more jumping through hoops to weave an order that sounds horrific from the first phone call. You don't HAVE to take every order. Embrace this phrase: "custom orders considered". Put that phrase on your web site. Be exclusive. Don't be so easy. Play hard to get. (well, not too hard)
5. When you do take orders that sound doable, and even enjoyable, take your time. Don't break your neck to get them done as fast as humanly possible. Noone expects a custom rug in a week.
You are your own worst enemy.
6. Remember that the studio is a passion, and not a paycheck. It doesn't have to make you crazy, ever. It only has to support itself. Do what you love. It really IS that simple.
7. Keep better records, in a notebook, the old fashioned way.
8. Plant flowers this year, lots of them; and more trees, make your garden the retreat you have always wanted.
9.Let old resentments go, like the hawk on the wind, silently.
10. Plan time off. You know it is the only way you will really take it. Make detailed plans, then commit.
You cannot CAN NOT work 7 days a week. It is NOT allowed. Take a day off. Take two. If you don't tell someone, plan with someone, you will not do it. YOU ARE a workaholic.
11. Be open to what the universe is saying to you. There is no better way to create your life every day.
12.Practice gratitude, every day.
13. Weave what you want, what moves you; become a better weaver.
|From Crazy as a Loom|